We are not currently under a fire ban.
Effective at 8:00 am on Tuesday, November 4, the Florence Fire Protection District Stage 1 Fire Ban has been lifted. Call Frecom at (719) 784-3411, Option 1, to request permission for controlled burning.
What this means for you:
- You MUST call Frecom to inform them you are burning: (719) 784-3411. Option 1 to request permission for controlled burning.
- You MUST have adequate water supply ready
- You can NOT burn after dark
- You can NOT burn trash
- You CAN have campfires that are contained in commercially constructed, permanent fire pits or fire grates
- You CAN grill using propane and other bottled fuels or charcoal, but only in areas free of flammable vegetation and other flammable materials
- You CAN have agricultural burning of weeds, brush, grass, etc., if you are following all above rules